- Family Services
Lac qui Parle County Family Services provides social and financial services throughout the entire county in partnership with the federal government, state, and other public, private, and community agencies to assist individuals in need.
Roles and Responsibilities
Lac qui Parle County Family Services is a county agency directed by law to assist county residents whose personal or family resources are not adequate to meet their basic human needs. It is committed to helping them attain the maximum degree of self-sufficiency consistent with their individual capacities. To these ends, Lac qui Parle County Family Services will promote the dignity, safety, and rights of the individual, and will assume public accountability and trust through responsible use of available resources.
Today, Lac qui Parle County Family Services employs around 25 staff members who serve the over 6,000 county citizens.
Family Services provides a wide range of social services including services to adults, children and families, daycare licensing, foster care, chemical abuse/dependency, disability waiver services, mental health, and financial services.
Financial Services Provided
- Child Support
- Diversionary Work Program
- Emergency General Assistance
- General Assistance
- Group Residential Housing
- Medical Assistance
- Minnesota Family Investment Program (MFIP)
- Minnesota Supplemental Aid
- Minnesota Care
Case Management Services Provided
- Adult Mental Health
- Children's Mental Health
- Child Protection / Child Welfare
- Adult Protection
- Chemical Dependency Assessments
- MNChoice Assessments
- Elderly Waiver / Alternative Care Coordination
- CAC/CADI/BI Disability Waiver Case Management
- Developmental Disability Waiver / R185 Case Management
- Licensing (Daycare), Adult Foster Care, Child Foster Care
930 First Avenue
Madison, MN 56256
PO Box 7
Madison, MN 56256
Phone: : (320) 598-7594Fax: : (320) 598-7597