Financial Assistance Programs

No English: ☎ 320-598-7594 

Lac qui Parle County administers many state and federal programs that provide aid for those in need. There are many different types of assistance programs that help with medical care, food, child care and much more. To find out more information about Financial Support Programs available in Lac qui Parle County, please contact us or stop by our office.

If you wish to apply for any financial assistance program, please click on the application link below the applicable program. 

Cash AssistanceMN Benefits - SNAP

These programs include the following: Minnesota Family Investment Program (MFIP), Diversionary Work Program (DWP), General Assistance (GA), Minnesota Supplemental Assistance (MSA), Refugee Cash Assistance (RCA), and Group Residential Housing (GRH).

To Apply Online:
To Apply By Mail: Application Form

Child Care Assistance

Minnesota's Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP) is a subsidized assistance program that helps to pay for child care services for people who are employed, look for employment, or going to school.

To Apply Online:
Paper Application: Minnesota Child Care Assistance Program Application

Emergency Help 

Emergency General Assistance provides help to people who are in a crisis situation, such as evictions and utility shut-offs. To be eligible, a person has to have lived in Minnesota for at least 30 days.

To Apply Online:
Paper Application: Application Form


These programs include the following: Medical Assistance (MA), MinnesotaCare, Minnesota Family Planning Program, Home and Community Based Waiver Programs (HCBS), and Medicare Savings Program.

To Apply Online: MNSure
Paper Application: Application Form

SNAP: Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program 

SNAP, formerly know as 'Food Stamps', helps Minnesotans with low incomes get the food they need for nutritious and well-balanced meals. The program provides support to help stretch your household food budget. It is not intended to meet all of your household's food needs, but rather as a supplement. 
USDA Nondiscrimination Statement

SNAP Information (MN-DHS)

To Apply Online:
Paper Application: Application Form

Additional Languages: