The primary responsibility of the County Recorder is to accept and maintain a permanent public repository of real estate records. Types of documents in the repository include deeds, mortgages, contracts for deed, mortgage satisfactions, foreclosure records, probate documents, and easements.
Land Records (Real Property)
The Recorders Office is where all the permanent (land) records affecting 'Real Property' in Lac qui Parle County are recorded. All documents for both Abstract and Torrens land (Ex: deeds, mortgages, liens, releases, plats, ect.) can be found in this office.
Online Real Estate Record Access
Lac qui Parle County provides an online subscription service to access our Abstract Real Estate Record images and indexes through our "iDoc" program. Establish your LqP iDoc account at www.idocmarket.com. Rates and information are available on the website, or to inquire more about the program please contact the Land Records Office.
All Real Estate documents, both paper and e-recordings, will be processed until 4:00 p.m. of the current day. Any documents submitted after that time, will be processed the following day.
Please check the following BEFORE SENDING in for recording:
- Document Dated
- Document Signed
- Acknowledgement needs: date, legible notary seal, notary signature, notary commission expire date, names & marital status (single or husband and wife) of signatures being acknowledged, If Corporate acknowledgement (Business name, who signs, & their titles)
- Legal Description (Check to see if complete)
- Exhibits are attached
- "Drafted by" include name & address
- Filing Fees
- White-out is unacceptable on any legal documents.
- State Deed Tax
- Completed eCRV (Certificate of Real Estate Value) & eCRV number stated on deed (If Applicable)
- "Send Tax Statements to" include name & address
- No Delinquent taxes due
- If split in tax parcel – all current taxes must be paid.
- If applicable, statement regarding "Total consideration for this transfer is $3,000 or less" (Enclose $1.65 Deed Tax)
- Completed Well Certificate and $50 OR one of the following statements:
- "The Seller certifies that the seller does not know of any wells on the described real property."
- "I am familiar with the property described in this instrument and I certify that the status and the number of wells on the described real property have not changed since the last previously filed well disclosure certificate."
Real Estate Recording
- Most documents: $46.00 in the Abstract index. Assignment and Release documents which contain more than 4 references to existing records are an add'l $10.00 per reference after first 4. Contact 320-598-3724 for fees to record in the Torrens index.
- PLATS: $56.00
- Well Disclosure Certificate: $50.00 (Download form or Upload eWell Cert or Look up existing well filings ON THIS SITE)
eRecording Real Estate Documents (in Abstract only)
Providers for Lac qui Parle County: